Family Day on Bull Island to highlight Dublin’s Wetlands
Dublin City Council is hosting a public celebration of Dublin’s Wetlands this weekend with a series of free family-friendly events. A highlight will be Family Day at Bull Island UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, Dublin’s largest and most significant wetland, from 12 noon until 3pm this Sunday.
Activities include walks, talks, arts and crafts and displays, many of which will be held in the Bull Island Interpretative Centre. The event promises to be a great family day out and an opportunity for Dubliners to visit the Island and learn from the experts how Bull Island is constantly growing and changing.
Dublin City Council is hosting the family day with BirdWatchIreland, Coast Watch Ireland, Irish Wildlife Trust and The Marine Experience.
Wetlands Family Day at North Bull Island UNESCO Biosphere 12-3pm, Sunday 9th March
- Walks and talks on wetland birdlife with BirdWatch Ireland
- Art and crafts for children
- Information on using phone apps to track and spot birds
- Interactive touch pool with live sea creatures
- Displays on wetlands biodiversity and the global importance of wetlands
- Displays on marine litter and how you can help to prevent it
- The public can help with conserving these valuable wetlands by getting involved in an Oceans Initiatives’ marine litter clean at 11 am at Dollymount beach with the local members of the Kite Surfers Association