About Deirdre Heney
Deirdre Heney has been elected a Councillor to Dublin City Council on five occasions and has run in three General Elections. She is a qualified solicitor and previously worked at Eames Solicitors. Deirdre was called to the Bar in 2008 following which she practiced as a Barrister for six years. Deirdre is currently employed by Fianna Fáil as a Legislative Drafter and was previously employed by the Party as a Parliamentary Assistant. She began her career working for Aer Lingus and Aer Rianta in Dublin Airport.
A summary of Deirdre Heney’s CV
- Group Leader Fianna Fáil on Dublin City Council
- Chair of Dublin City Council’s Animal Welfare Oversight Committee
- Chairperson of Dublin City Council Protocol Committee
- Vice chairperson of Dublin North Central Local Area Committee
- Member of the Eastern and Midland Regional Assembly
- Member of the Arts, Culture, Leisure and Recreation Strategic Policy Committee on Dublin City Council
- Board Member of Dublin City Gallery the Hugh Lane
- Previous Member of Board of Management of
St. Josephs Primary School for Children with Visual Impairment
- Previously member of Governing Authority of DCU and Deputy Lord Mayor of Dublin
- Barrister at Law Degree
- Advanced Diploma in Legislative Drafting
- Diploma in Public Relations
- Attended Scoil Chaitríona, Br. Mobhí.
- Member of Sean Lemass Cumann, Clontarf.
- Peace Commissioner
- Member of St. Vincent’s GAA Club
- Member of Clontarf Golf Club