About Deirdre Heney
Deirdre Heney has been elected a Councillor to Dublin City Council on five occasions. She ran in two General Elections and is a candidate for Fianna Fáil in the upcoming General Election. She is a Solicitor. She was called to the Bar in 2008 following which Deirdre practiced as a Barrister for six years. Deirdre Heney is currently employed by Fianna Fáil as a Legislative Drafter and was previously employed by the Party as a Parliamentary Assistant. She began her career working for Aer Lingus and Aer Rianta.
A summary of Deirdre Heney’s CV
- General Election Candidate in Dublin Bay North Constituency
- Group Leader Fianna Fáil on Dublin City Council
- Chairperson of Dublin City Council Protocol Committee
- Member of the Arts, Culture, Leisure and Recreation Strategic Policy Committee on Dublin City Council
- Board Member of Dublin City Gallery the Hugh Lane
- Previous Member of Board of Management of
St. Josephs Primary School for Children with Visual Impairment
- Previously member of Governing Authority of DCU and Deputy Lord Mayor of Dublin
- Barrister at Law Degree
- Advanced Diploma in Legislative Drafting
- Diploma in Public Relations
- Attended Scoil Chaitríona, Br. Mobhí.
- Member of Sean Lemass Cumann, Clontarf.
- Peace Commissioner
- Member of St. Vincent’s GAA Club
- Member of Clontarf Golf Club